User:    Password:

(1863) Battle of Gettysburg
Author
Little Meadows
PA USA

July 10,1863
Posted on: 7/10/2019 6:24:48 AM

----------------------------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.
Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan
MI USA

July 10,1863
Posted on: 7/10/2019 5:52:55 PM

Hi Larry,

Todays articles for the most part could be labeled :justice is served!" The 1st one about a Copperhead Informer, who after the ANV's loss finds himself in prison!

Also another article mentions curiosity & souvenir battlefield loiters being put to work digging graves you have to like that!?

A short sad video of the day after the battle! "hallowed ground" for sure!

[Read More]

And yet a third mentioning a driver charging a soldier double fare, getting caught at it, & reprimanded!?

Also another article mentions the ANV being limited on ammo, meaning it affected their aggressiveness in attacks?

Interesting takes from the battlefield,
justice is served!
Thanks,
MD

BTW Do you have any takes from Confederate newspapers on Gettysburg, & the aftermath? I think it would be very interesting!?
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."
Larry Purtell
Little Meadows
PA USA

July 10,1863
Posted on: 7/10/2019 8:52:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Larry,

Todays articles for the most part could be labeled :justice is served!" The 1st one about a Copperhead Informer, who after the ANV's loss finds himself in prison!

Also another article mentions curiosity & souvenir battlefield loiters being put to work digging graves you have to like that!?

A short sad video of the day after the battle! "hallowed ground" for sure!

[Read More]

And yet a third mentioning a driver charging a soldier double fare, getting caught at it, & reprimanded!?

Also another article mentions the ANV being limited on ammo, meaning it affected their aggressiveness in attacks?

Interesting takes from the battlefield,
justice is served!
Thanks,
MD

BTW Do you have any takes from Confederate newspapers on Gettysburg, & the aftermath? I think it would be very interesting!?

I can find some Southern coverage. It will mostly reflect a Southern victory for another week or so. Then the truth starts to filter in. Returning wounded soldiers reveal the truth and the papers sometimes are quite critical of Lee.

"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.

© 2019 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC