AuthorMessage
anemone
DONCASTER S. YORKS, UK
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

http:// 82.44.47.99
Desert Victory--1943 War Film
Posted on: 10/5/2017 2:10:17 PM
I was 13 or 14 and still at Grammar School when I saw this war film-the first thing I remember about it was the tremendous din of opening artillery barrage.The documentary covered Germany's General Rommel and British General Montgomery in the desert..

It also showed actual footage of Rommel and Hitler themselves. During the making of this film, four British Army cameramen were killed, seven were wounded, and six were taken prisoners by the Germans-this I learned many years after-when I read of this important fact and it won an Oscar for Best Documentary

Wartime during World War II- was a dangerous time for even the cast and crew of a docu- drama; but who were obviously determined to show the world this glorious victory-I apologise for the paucity of detail; but it was over 70 years ago that I saw this film.

To those who are interested in war movies -do try to see it.

Regards

Jim

---------------
Pro Patria Saepe Pro Rege Semper

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: Desert Victory--1943 War Film
Posted on: 10/5/2017 4:11:42 PM
Jim,

Here it is for those of us who have never seen it!

[Read More]

Cheers,
MD
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

anemone
DONCASTER S. YORKS, UK
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

http:// 82.44.47.99
Re: Desert Victory--1943 War Film
Posted on: 10/6/2017 4:35:43 AM
Many thanks MD for refreshing my failing memory-now I remember- the film was like an extended Pathe News- which e got regularly during the war at the cinema.

Regards

Jim
---------------
Pro Patria Saepe Pro Rege Semper

The Military Media Room    
 Forum Ads from Google