The current time is: 11/24/2017 8:56:41 PM
 Visiting Battlefields, Historical Sites, and Museums    
AuthorMessage
BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Kolobrzeg Lighthouse
Posted on: 8/18/2017 10:22:42 AM
Image: A tribute to Soviet arms on the Kołobrzeg (German: Kolberg) Lighthouse. The lighthouse was constructed in 1945. Photo: B Wilson.

Cheers

BW

---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: Kolobrzeg Lighthouse
Posted on: 8/18/2017 3:57:45 PM
BW,

Nice view of it
[Read More]
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

kaii
Edinburgh, UK
top 10
E-9 Sergeant Major

Posted on: 8/18/2017 5:15:58 PM
Bill, are there any suggestions in Poland to remove monuments and tributes from the Soviet era (like for instance is happening in Ukraine at the moment)?
---------------
A fool and his money are soon elected.

BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 8/19/2017 3:55:34 AM
Kai,

 Not sure how firm it is, but I heard the idea was brought up recently. The Russians predictably bristled.

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 8/19/2017 8:25:45 AM

Quote:
Bill, are there any suggestions in Poland to remove monuments and tributes from the Soviet era (like for instance is happening in Ukraine at the moment)?
--kaii

Of course ,this was a BIG Theme After reunification in the DDR.It was handled quite well in my opinion by a special Bundestag commission .

Bill,as I have mentioned before, I know Kolberg well as my mother in law came from there.

Trevor
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 8/19/2017 9:21:23 AM
Trevor,

 Getting swankier by the year! Had some excellent coffee on the shore there.

Cheers

BW
---------------

Visiting Battlefields, Historical Sites, and Museums    
 Forum Ads from Google