BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Ha-ha
Posted on: 7/18/2017 12:02:39 PM
 Here's a little known topic:

Afghanistan in World War II

Quote:
In 1935 Kabul decided to rely primarily on Germany for economic and military modernization. As a consequence, by 1936, as well as hosting the Afghan hockey team and officials as special guests at the Olympics, Germany was beginning to increase commercial transactions and weapons deliveries in Afghanistan. In 1938 weekly air service, the first of its kind, was established between Kabul and Berlin. The Organization Todt provided plans and supervision for major infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, airfields, and industrial plants while German officers undertook a program designed to equip and train the Afghan armed forces to Western standards. In two years German trade with Afghanistan increased tenfold.
[Read More]

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

Society's righteous paranoia lows profoundly. -- random wisdom of a computer

anemone
DONCASTER S. YORKS, UK
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

http:// 82.44.47.99
Re: Ha-ha
Posted on: 7/18/2017 12:16:31 PM
Bill did you know that Afghanistan was was under British surveillance up to 1939.???? The British Army were there for most of the 1930's. Afghanistan was the Gateway to India

Regards

Jim
---------------
Pro Patria Saepe Pro Rege Semper

BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 7/18/2017 12:59:43 PM
Jim,

 I like the image of the Nazis getting up to mischief there. I wonder if it served as inspiration for the Indiana Jones film that took place in central Asia.

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

Society's righteous paranoia lows profoundly. -- random wisdom of a computer

anemone
DONCASTER S. YORKS, UK
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

http:// 82.44.47.99
Posted on: 7/18/2017 1:12:05 PM
HaHa-Bill-I now wish I had not poked my nose into this extremely complex mess.

regards

Jim
---------------
Pro Patria Saepe Pro Rege Semper

(1939-1945) WWII Battles    
 Forum Ads from Google