(1939-1945) WWII Battles    
AuthorMessage
BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

The Ghost Army
Posted on: 8/20/2017 1:45:42 PM

Quote:
“Some of the best assignments we had were to go into the pubs at night and spread misinformation about troop movement,” Wilson said. “It wouldn’t be long until you’d see a pretty young lady get up and start to ease out, and what she didn’t know was that the Free French were on the outside to pick her up. I don’t know what happened to her after that. It was quite an operation.”

 Interesting article. I hadn't realized the members were under a gag order.

Cheers

BW

[Read More]
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: The Ghost Army
Posted on: 8/20/2017 9:48:30 PM
Hi BW,

The Ghost Army saved a lot of Allied Soldiers lives! Here is excerpts from a good PBS Documentary on the subject!?

[Read More]

Ya gotta love deception!?
MD
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 8/22/2017 9:16:25 AM
Interesting with the artist Ellsworth Kelly.Was once at an exhibition of his. Found it interesting that his work was influenced by "camouflage ".

Incidentally, the swiss-German painter Paul Klee was also responsible for the camouflage of WW1 fighter planes.

Trevor
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

George
Centre Hastings, ON, Canada
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 8/22/2017 10:47:05 AM
The British were at this deception business early on in the war.

Deception operations were under the control of the London Controlling Section and were significant in the North Africa campaign.

When the US came in and set up its deception unit, was there a co-ordinating committee to oversee deception plans among the allies?

How did they co-ordinate the deception operations in 1944 for example?

cheers,

George

(1939-1945) WWII Battles    
 Forum Ads from Google