MHO Home   Forum Home   Help   Register   Login

Welcome to MilitaryHistoryOnline.com.
You are not signed in.
The current time is: 10/19/2017 10:44:17 AM
 (1861-1865) Civil War Battles (Eastern Theater)    
AuthorMessage
Steve Clements
Toronto, ON, Canada
top 20
E-7 Sgt First Class

McClellan's War
Posted on: 11/6/2016 1:45:35 PM
Has any one read: "McClellan's War: The Failure of Moderation in the Struggle for the Union"?

The Antietam Guides website describes it as: "...required reading for a good understanding of George McClellan."

However, I am not familiar with the author (Ethan Rafuse), and I am developing an allergy to 'badly written' books on the CW. The book also carries a somewhat steep price tag....

There were zero reviews on Amazon....

s.c.

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: McClellan's War
Posted on: 11/6/2016 3:52:05 PM
Here Steve.

[Read More]

11 customer reviews

He is a historian at the Department of Military History, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth.

Trevor
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

Steve Clements
Toronto, ON, Canada
top 20
E-7 Sgt First Class

Posted on: 11/6/2016 4:54:17 PM

Quote:
Here Steve.

[Read More]

11 customer reviews

He is a historian at the Department of Military History, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth.

Trevor
--scoucer

Thanks Trevor.

I must have been on the Amazon Canada site....where the price is $58.04 Cdn. plus shipping. And no reviews....I would think that they would still use the US reviews (of a US oriented book) on the Amazon Canada site. But such is not the case. Apparently. Not sure how I ended up there...since I am pretty sure I started on the US site-:) Much cheaper to buy it on the US Amazon site....albeit the shipping/duties etc. to Canada are around $25 US.

But the reviews are quite positive.

Whether I can stomach an apparently pro "little Mac" book is a separate issue....I am just finishing up a re-read of Harsh's "Taken at the Flood". An excellent read IMO, albeit I find Harsh to be somewhat of a little Mac apologist. I cannot believe how much slack he cuts McClellan.

s.c.

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 11/6/2016 5:57:04 PM
Steve,

Don't get me talking about Amazon and shipping charges to Europe. I've refused to do it anymore. Real robber baron stuff.

Trevor
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

(1861-1865) Civil War Battles (Eastern Theater)    
 Forum Ads from Google