General History    
AuthorMessage
dt509er
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
top 20
E-7 Sgt First Class

The Chernobyl arch
Posted on: 11/30/2016 1:19:25 AM
I came across this story earlier this morning and just now started watching videos and reading additional articles about this "arch" in Chernobyl; I found it fascinating myself.

[Read More]

[Read More]
---------------
"American parachutists-devils in baggy pants..."

I take offense to your perception of being offended!

“If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.” Lord Ernest Rutherford

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: The Chernobyl arch
Posted on: 11/30/2016 2:14:21 AM
Watched this as well. Still get a shudder thinking about it. I will never forget watching the satellite pictures of the "cloud" heading for Berlin and listening to the official announcements on the radio to stay in doors and everybody hoping that it didn't rain.

Trevor
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 11/30/2016 2:37:56 AM
 I recall our regimental NBC team deploying as the "cloud" neared Fulda. Fallout still gets dug up by wild pigs in the Bavarian Forest.

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

Society's righteous paranoia lows profoundly. -- random wisdom of a computer

kaii
Edinburgh, UK
top 10
E-9 Sergeant Major

Posted on: 11/30/2016 8:21:24 AM
It is an impressive structure, I was lucky enough to be able to have a look upfront last time I was out there. Hopefully it'll sort the issues with the current concrete cover, which is cracking up. The entire area is a fascinating place, one of the most interesting things is really to see how well the nature has coped with the fallout; no masses of zombie-wolves roaming around.
---------------
A fool and his money are soon elected.

General History    
 Forum Ads from Google