General History    
AuthorMessage
GaryNJ
NJ, USA
New User
E-2 Private

Canada Day - 150
Posted on: 7/1/2017 8:09:01 AM
Happy birthday Canada. Have a wonderful day. Great neighbors.

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: Canada Day - 150
Posted on: 7/1/2017 8:19:50 AM
Hi Gary,

Someone already beat you to it on another thread, but I also will second the sentiment.

We here in Michigan, celebrate with our Canadian neighbor as the International Freedom Festival,

Friends forever
MD

---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

GaryNJ
NJ, USA
New User
E-2 Private

Posted on: 7/1/2017 8:35:42 AM

Quote:
Hi Gary,

Someone already beat you to it on another thread, but I also will second the sentiment.

We here in Michigan, celebrate with our Canadian neighbor as the International Freedom Festival,

Friends forever
MD

--Michigan Dave

Hi,
Sorry about that. When I originally searched for the topic I was not logged in and the Community Forum did not show up.
Gary

brian grafton
Victoria, BC, Canada
top 10
E-9 Sergeant Major

Posted on: 7/1/2017 8:50:05 PM
Gary, thanks for the thoughts on our birthday. From what I've heard, the biggest celebration of the day (in our nation's capital, Ottawa) was drowned by heavy rain. Too bad: that can be quite a party!

Out in my part of this vast place Canadians call home, public festivities have not yet begun today, though there were some public activities last night as a prelim. So under a clear sky with relatively low temperatures (19.4°C), I spent the day with hosts of other citizens listening to free jazz in the square (Centennial Square) beside Victoria's City Hall.The party will continue into the night, of course, but will officially shut down after the fireworks display in front of the provincial legislature.

And in a couple of days it will by your turn to celebrate, though this is not a "magic number year" for you folks. I've celebrated a number of 4ths in the US, and know that the pride you feel in your country can be infectious. I'll be thinking about you on Monday.

Cheers
Brian G
---------------
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly.

"The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.

General History    
 Forum Ads from Google