AuthorMessage
viggovuden
Son en Breugel, Netherlands
New User
E-2 Private

Holland in World War II
Posted on: 4/9/2017 3:09:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I have published published my ebook on Amazon. The title is Of Decency and Death: A story of the Netherlands in World War II, by Jan Burgers. The main story follows seven mayors in the South-East of Holland (Van Gogh country) who tried hard to refuse cooperation and to hide Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, allied pilots, etc., on farms, in monasteries, and their own homes. They end up in concentration camps and the book follows their trials in the camps, the death marches at the end of the war, and the determined efforts by family members after the war to try and find loved ones who did not return. Lots of fascinating stories in the book. The details of history that can be more illuminating than the big story.

If you like the story, you can have a look at Amazon. The title of the book is "Of Decency and Death." (I think I am not allowed to put down the link.)

BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: Holland in World War II
Posted on: 4/9/2017 4:08:01 AM
 A description of the book may be found here. [Read More]

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 4/11/2017 12:13:37 PM
Hello Jan and welcome to MHO !

Many , many moons ago, sometime in the last millenium, I lived in Breda. Travelled a lot around Brabant. My Brabants is pretty rusty now.

Welkom bij MHO. Ik hoop dat je zakt vaak in. Tot Ziens !

Trevor
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

brian grafton
Victoria, BC, Canada
top 10
E-9 Sergeant Major

Posted on: 4/11/2017 7:56:37 PM
Viggovuden, welcome to MHO. I hope you're not just here to promote your book, because it sounds as if you might have an interest that coincides with some of our members.

I've noted your title and assume your book is in English, but also note this is an ebook. I'm on the brink of buying an ebook reader, but am I to assume you have not made the volume available in print?

Cheers
bg
---------------
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly.

"The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.

The Military Media Room    
 Forum Ads from Google