BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

artifact
Posted on: 9/10/2017 6:59:30 AM
Cheers,

BW

---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

brian grafton
Victoria, BC, Canada
top 10
E-9 Sergeant Major

Re: artifact
Posted on: 9/10/2017 10:07:00 PM
Sorry, Bill. What is this, and what does it mean. I assume it means a great deal to US servicemen who were stationed in Germany.

Personally, I'm drawn to the descriptor under the border. I spent a couple of years of my life evaluating government systems and regulating data collection vehicles prior to computers. This example is either badly considered (it is not a form but a poster), or it is badly designed (extreme waste of paper). My boss would have killed me!

Cheers
Brian G
---------------
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly.

"The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.

BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: artifact
Posted on: 9/11/2017 1:04:44 AM
Brian,

 I think these were wallet cards. Items like this were required to be on one's person and were checked during inspections, etc.

 SAEDA = "Subversion And Espionage Directed against the Army" -- the number could be called if a soldier thought they had been approached by intel officers from the Eastern Bloc. This particular example looks like it was produced by the Army in Berlin.

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

(1945-1991) Cold War    
 Forum Ads from Google