(1945-1991) Cold War    
AuthorMessage
BWilson

top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Not so PC back in 1977
Posted on: 9/23/2017 10:51:47 AM

Quote:
The commandos stormed in, one yelling in German "Heads down, where are the pigs!?", and riddled all four hijackers with bullets, killing three and badly wounding a fourth.

"Those German words were the best thing I heard during the entire hijacking," the former co-pilot, Juergen Vietor, said Saturday.
[Read More]

 German commandos stormed a hijacked aircraft in Mogadishu on 17 October 1977. Although, I would probably have translated the sense of the word not as "pigs", but as "bastards" or a similar swearword ... likely how it was intended when spoken.

Cheers

BW
---------------
With occasional, fatigued glances at life's rear-view mirror from the other side of time.

Society's righteous paranoia lows profoundly. -- random wisdom of a computer

scoucer
Berlin, Germany
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: Not so PC back in 1977
Posted on: 9/23/2017 9:41:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:
The commandos stormed in, one yelling in German "Heads down, where are the pigs!?", and riddled all four hijackers with bullets, killing three and badly wounding a fourth.

"Those German words were the best thing I heard during the entire hijacking," the former co-pilot, Juergen Vietor, said Saturday.
[Read More]

 German commandos stormed a hijacked aircraft in Mogadishu on 17 October 1977. Although, I would probably have translated the sense of the word not as "pigs", but as "bastards" or a similar swearword ... likely how it was intended when spoken.

Cheers

BW
--BWilson

Yes Bill. Schweine as in Swine.
---------------
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie

Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.

(1945-1991) Cold War    
 Forum Ads from Google