MHO Home   Forum Home   Help   Register   Login

Welcome to MilitaryHistoryOnline.com.
You are not signed in.
The current time is: 12/14/2017 8:09:26 AM
 (1861-1865) Civil War Battles (Eastern Theater)
AuthorMessage
Dave G
Halifax, NS, Canada
Peninsula Campaign Map
Posted on: 11/18/2017 4:42:45 PM
A map I've been working on for a few years. I've been to some of these places. I generally tried to locate the pins at the entrance to the sites or where parking might be available. [Read More]
---------------
Dave G

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
Re: Peninsula Campaign Map
Posted on: 11/21/2017 9:57:49 AM
Hi Dave,

I have to really thank you for this great map, it's a great resource for visiting or understanding just where these great CW historical sites are!? (I recommend all MHO CW buffs to check Dave's work out!)

It's also got to be very picturesque to live in Nova Scotia, lucky you!? (hope to visit someday)

Thanks again!
Dave
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Dave G
Halifax, NS, Canada
Re: Peninsula Campaign Map
Posted on: 11/23/2017 7:16:34 AM
Thanks Dave.
The map was meant more to show parking availability and what there is to see at various sites. (NTS means "Nothing To See").
I recently added the yellow pins showing points along Stuart's ride around McClellan.
A reference to an "ancient photo" refers to a civil war era photo taken at the location. Along with others, I have half a dozen 1880's photos taken at Malvern Hill and tried to match them up on the battlefield with somewhat underwhelming results.
---------------
Dave G