|50th Virginia Infantry (CSA) |
|Name: Mathew Henry Deatherage||Rank: Private ||Company: K |
* Enlisted Wytheville, VA., 22 Jun 1861.
* Participated in the Kanawa campaign of 1861; Battle of Kessler's Cross Lanes; Battle of Carnifex Ferry
* Detailed as a medical oderly, White Sulphur Springs, WV 25 Sep 1861 to 1 Nov 1861
* Medical discharge, 27 Nov 1861
* In Feb., 1863, Mathew re-enlisted; this time in the 8th Va. Cavalry.
* Mathew is the only son of his family to survive he War; he lost two brothers
* Mathew Henry Deatherage is my great grand father; he was from Patrick County, Virginia.
|Contact Name: David Deatherage|
|Contact E-Mail: Click for E-mail|
Please type in your password