User:    Password:

(1863) Battle of Gettysburg
Author
Little Meadows
PA USA
June 28, 1863
Posted on: 6/28/2020 5:22:11 PM

----------------------------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.
Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan
MI USA
June 28, 1863
Posted on: 6/29/2020 10:56:21 AM

Hi Larry,

What’s your take on Pennsylvania Governor Curtain, he seems to be an involved Governor!

Is the report of 5,000 Rebel troops already haved gone through Gettysburg, the troops that will be reported to Gen Buford on 7/1 ?

Who was Gen Milroy was he really as bad as the article states to be relieved of command?

Regards,
MD

These “newspaper articles”, take me back to when I was a paper boy, people hardly ever actually buy papers any more, when they can read them online?
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."
Larry Purtell
Little Meadows
PA USA
June 28, 1863
Posted on: 6/29/2020 2:27:19 PM

What’s your take on Pennsylvania Governor Curtain, he seems to be an involved Governor!

Curtin is the main reason PA has no organized militia or states troops. He works hard in 1861 to get legislation passed to create a state reserve force and then less than two months later gives the whole organization to the federal government.

Is the report of 5,000 Rebel troops already have gone through Gettysburg, the troops that will be reported to Gen Buford on 7/1 ?

Most likely the troops Buford is made aware of is Pettigrew's brigade which reached the Western outskirts of Gettysburg on June 30th.

Who was Gen Milroy was he really as bad as the article states to be relieved of command?

My opinion is that Milroy was a boob in way over his head.
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.

© 2020 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC