MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(1861-1865) Civil War Battles (Eastern Theater)
Little Meadows PA USA
September 26, 1862
9/26/2021 4:52:00 PM
Some Norhtern and Southern reports of regimental loss's. Todays first entry is the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Brooklyn NY. September 26, 1862
If I had time I'd like to balance the numbers reported against the official reports.

From the Charleston Daily Courier. Charleston SC.

----------------------------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.
Phil Andrade
London  UK
September 26, 1862
9/27/2021 9:12:35 AM
Larry,

The appeal to the officers and chaplains of SC regiments to furnish prompt and complete reports of casualties was answered meticulously.

The CSA archives provide a total of 133,821 deaths from all causes : many historians and commentators believe that this is only about half the total of fatalities sustained by the southern armies. In the case of South Carolina - and also North Carolina - the recorded numbers for killed and died of wounds are so much higher than those of the other Confederate states that one has to assign to their authorities a willingness and ability to make a full accounting that was woefully lacking in the other rebel states .

Regards, Phil
----------------------------------
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC