Happy Thanksgiving!  

MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:    Password:

General History
Author
Dunwoody
GA USA
Follow Apollo 13 flight in real time.....
Posted on: 4/11/2020 10:20:08 PM

It was 50 years ago, right now, that Apollo 13 was on the way to the moon mission it never completed. A time when people all over the world gathered together to pray, to hope, to think only of the return of it`s three man crew.

You can link to an audio and visual minute by minute flight record of the journey that started with a blind desire for the moon...and ended with a blind desire for home.

[Read More]

If you were around back then...you were locked into their struggle...

Respects, Morris
----------------------------------
"You are a $70, red-wool, pure quill military genius, or the biggest damn fool in northern Mexico."
Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan
MI USA
Posted on: 4/12/2020 12:15:19 PM

Hey Morris,

Thanks for the fascinating site on following the increadable Apollo 13 flight & rescue, I can't tell you how many science HS Tech classes use the movie & documentaries to inspire their classes!?

[Read More]

As far as the movie I just love this scene!

[Read More]

We need feel good stories in these harsh times,
MD
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."
DT509er
Santa Rosa
CA USA
Posted on: 4/12/2020 2:36:51 PM

If you go to the "Apollo Flight Journal" site on YouTube, you can review a bunch of videos that include Apollo moon descents and walks. I have watched them all; I know, an exciting life I live but hey its what I do. That said, I find these videos fascinating!

Here is the Apollo 14 descent:

[Read More]

Apollo Flight Journal:

[Read More]
"American parachutists-devils in baggy pants..." “If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.” Lord Ernest Rutherford
morris crumley
Dunwoody
GA USA
Posted on: 4/13/2020 10:10:50 AM

Hello Dave. Home sequester movie night was Saturday night....and we watched "Apollo 13." ( An aside, nobody could score a film better than James Horner. Nobody!)

Respects Morris
"You are a $70, red-wool, pure quill military genius, or the biggest damn fool in northern Mexico."

© 2020 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC