MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(2000-Pres) Current Day Military talk (No Partisan Politics)
MA MA USA
The Ukrainian War?
5/30/2022 1:29:40 AM
Media coverage of the Ukrainian war is 3rd page now. Its not just US publications its UK as well. Ukrainians are still being bombed a war against a population of innocents is still being waged maybe a tac Nuke should be thrown to wake the west up. Its crazy how the west loses its focus and I think that is what Putin is hoping for.

vpatrick
----------------------------------
nuts
Larry Purtell
Little Meadows PA USA
The Ukrainian War?
5/30/2022 7:43:21 AM
Quote:
Media coverage of the Ukrainian war is 3rd page now. Its not just US publications its UK as well. Ukrainians are still being bombed a war against a population of innocents is still being waged maybe a tac Nuke should be thrown to wake the west up. Its crazy how the west loses its focus and I think that is what Putin is hoping for.

vpatrick

I think it's pretty well accepted that we have very short attention spans. I too noticed that the war in Ukraine is at best 3rd page news now. I wonder if the aid and relief that was pouring in for displaced Ukrainians has dried up as well.

Larry
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.
DT509er
Santa Rosa CA USA
The Ukrainian War?
5/30/2022 12:02:09 PM
Quote:

vpatrick

No doubt a "tac Nuke" would get our attention but for how long and driving to what purpose? It is sad to say but until some person can step in and mediate this war, it will continue to kill and maim the Ukrainian soldiers and citizens while thinning the ranks of Russian soldiers. Putin if anything has shown that he will not stop engaging in war until he gets what he wants, the destruction of towns such as Mariupol demonstrates just such. I fear that so long as Putin is in charge of Russia, war will continue in Eastern Europe.

"American parachutists-devils in baggy pants..." “If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.” Lord Ernest Rutherford
Phil Andrade
London  UK
The Ukrainian War?
5/30/2022 3:41:55 PM
It sickens me. Johny Depp and Amber Heard, Colleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy, hold the attention of our multitudes, while the ordeal of Ukraine sinks into the background.

Regards, Phil
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes
Brian Grafton
Victoria BC Canada
The Ukrainian War?
5/31/2022 8:57:39 PM
I’m with all of you on this one. I just continue to believe that our lack of interest and our 8-year-old attention spans don’t stop the assaults and battles and slaughter.

The war continues. Probably some systems for refugee support are drying up. But Kai’s group are still operating and still need serious medical supplies; if any of you have some spare change, think of sending a medical aid parcel through him to the volunteer patriots fighting in Eastern Ukraine.

For my own information, I rely to some extent on assessments issued by ISW (Institute for the Study of War), a US Think Tank. I would direct folks to it if I could, but they offer one-pages on at least a daily basis. Their assessment as of 15:30 EDT yesterday included the following:
Key Takeaways
• Russian forces continued to incrementally capture areas of Severodonetsk but have not yet fully encircled the city.
• Russian forces focused on regrouping near Izyum to renew offensives towards Slovyansk and Barvinkove and conducted only minor, unsuccessful, attacks. Russian forces are making incremental advances towards Slovyansk and seek to assault the city itself in the coming weeks, but are unlikely to achieve decisive gains.
• Russian forces in Kharkiv continue to focus efforts on preventing a Ukrainian counteroffensive from reaching the international border between Kharkiv and Belgorod, and Ukrainian forces have not conducted any significant operations in the area in recent days.
• The limited Ukrainian counterattack in northern Kherson Oblast did not take any further ground in the last 48 hours but has disrupted Russian operations. Russian forces launched several unsuccessful attacks against the Ukrainian bridgehead on the east bank of the Inhulets River.
• Mounting casualties among Russian junior officers will further degrade Russian morale and command and control capabilities.

For either your amusement or for some serious thought, I also stumbled across a reference to Soviet forces. It’s the second time I’ve seen this error in print over the last 90+ days. Personally, I see it as a dangerous misrepresentation, but it may also tie into the Page 3 placement.

I continue to wear my Ukraine flag pin.

Cheers
Brian G
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly. "The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC