MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(2000-Pres) Current Day Military talk (No Partisan Politics)
Little Meadows PA USA
Russia recruiting prisoners?
9/16/2022 4:23:22 PM
This story appeared on ABC news in the U.S. today. Can anyone verify it?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/top-putin-ally-appears-recruit-russian-prisoners-fight/story?id=89983114
----------------------------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.
Brian Grafton
Victoria BC Canada
9/16/2022 6:26:43 PM
Larry, read the same thing today on one of my morning news posts, but have no way of confirming.

My understanding of it was that this was a suggestion for recruiting into some of the semi-autonomous military units (e.g., Wagner Group) rather than a suggestion for the regular Russian army. In part, this was to keep recruiters from appealing too openly to the general public, since that might further impact the waning support for Putin’s incursion.

Cheers
Brian G

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly. "The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.
DT509er
Santa Rosa CA USA
9/16/2022 9:25:27 PM
Quote:
This story appeared on ABC news in the U.S. today. Can anyone verify it?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/top-putin-ally-appears-recruit-russian-prisoners-fight/story?id=89983114

Here is an article from the Atlantic Council:
"Russian oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin was filmed making an appeal to convicts, promising amnesty if they sign up to fight in Ukraine."

[Read More]

"American parachutists-devils in baggy pants..." German officer, Italy 1944. “If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.” Lord Ernest Rutherford
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
9/19/2022 8:21:14 AM
Was confirmed on Swiss News today. Also confirmed that the Russian Army are sending out "recruitment trucks" offering very large payments for those taking up the offer.

Trevor
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.
Larry Purtell
Little Meadows PA USA
9/19/2022 3:08:28 PM
Thank you all for the input on this subject. I wonder how much the Russian people know about what's really happening in Ukraine? My guess is the recruitment trucks come bake empty.

Larry
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC