MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(2000-Pres) Current Day Military talk (No Partisan Politics)
Page 1 of 3 (Page:   1    2   3 )
Dunwoody GA USA
Who`s going to follow, when the call is "follow me."
10/9/2022 9:29:50 AM
We have an all volunteer military. We don`t draft people to serve. We rely on having a sufficient pool of people who sign up to serve and sacrifice.

We are badly falling behind our recruitment goals. The US Army is falling 15,000 behind. Every branch is woefully behind it`s goals.

Would you be inspired to serve under Loyd Austin and General Milley? I wouldn`t. We have a military now more interested in the proper pro-nouns, and in re-naming bases...in firing veteran soldiers, including SEALS...for not taking an experimental vaccine, than in winning wars.
We fought a war for twenty years....and then turned it back to the people we went to fight in the most ham-handed and illogical withdrawal imaginable. A slap in the face to those who lost friends, who died themselves and all those dealing with the difficulties of limbs lost to IED`s. We hear every day about marines and their families having been exposed to toxic water at their base for over 35 years.

And I don`t have the time to get into the numbers of young adults who are obese ( PE is so blase and uneeded, we need that time to teach activism) or have a history of drug usage...illegal, as well as drugs teachers wanted them put on so they would be easier to deal with. (Funny how so many kids nowadays have ADD.....isn`t it?)

How do you inspire military service when led by people who preach about how bad this country is? It`s a joke...and its on all of us who love our country.

Respects, Morris
----------------------------------
"You are a $70, red-wool, pure quill military genius, or the biggest damn fool in northern Mexico."
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/9/2022 10:13:41 AM
Blame Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/935979468/trump-administration-wants-all-u-s-troops-out-of-iraq-and-afghanistan-by-spring
vpatrick
MA MA USA
10/9/2022 1:08:35 PM
Quote:
Blame Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/935979468/trump-administration-wants-all-u-s-troops-out-of-iraq-and-afghanistan-by-spring

A well balanced, nuanced insightful answer, thank you

Politics should be left out of the military along with the latest flavors of political correctness. Miley and Austin should have been fired after the Afghanistan withdrawal or had the decency and honor to resign, to date no one has been been held accountable. Just bucks getting passed and shoulder shrugs. 50 thousand former servicemen and women have killed themselves since the start of the Afghan/Iraq invasions never mind the thousands killed in action and maimed and for no measurable success all the while leaving the enemy enough equipment to win the Ukraine war.

Its no surprise young folks today dont want to serve because of the liars from both political parties along with the military leaders that have botched both wars over the last 20 years with no repercussions. American soldiers were used by a dysfunctional government with a dysfunctional middle east foreign policy lead by dysfunctional sub human politicians who used patriotism and love of country to lure young volunteer wide eyed Americans to waste their youth for wars that were unwinnable and had a foundation from the begging built on lies. What is fked up we already had a lesson from Vietnam, why do we allow the government to dupe our youth it seems like every 20-30 years? Putin is doing this to his youth right now which will lead to only destruction. I think leaders launch wars because they know their own children will be safe or maybe they dont have them, just dont get it never will.

[Read More]

vpatrick
nuts
mikecmaps
CAMARILLO CA USA
10/9/2022 1:11:15 PM

Morris, respectfully, I imagine you and I are poles apart but . . .

Why pick on ADD. Its not new. We only now know it and recognize its been around forever. I was one of those bad slow boys, Graduate HS min Credits and min GPA. All through school behind in math and reading. Teachers recommended I be keep back, but Mom (love her) wont allow it for her son. So I went through the motions & just tried to be invisible. My Uncle also could not read, though a veteran. We should applaud our science and knowledge that tries to help the kids that need it. Small per cent of kids 13% boys 6% girls, we have duty to help them.

I agree PE should be for every kid every day. But funding has been cut back and expanded curriculum some say not the resources, I disagree with that too. Since on my soap now we totally miss a good bet in not teaching two foreign language to all kids grade 1-6 one in 1-3 second in 4-6, they learn language so easy in those years and would repay many times, personal, social, economic.

I see no reason to pick on Austin or Milley both good honorable highly trained and skilled officers. Military is notoriously slow in change, what has change happened in two years? Also military has a long history in being respectful and concerned for welfare for soldiers sailors not new. While the volunteer military has some good things I believe there should be a draft with no exceptions for college marriage etc. all fit to serve. And some not fit can serve in non-military way.

The greatest generation went into WW2 totally unvaccinated but when ordered to they followed the orders. In 1942, all military personnel received typhoid, smallpox, and tetanus vaccines, and soldiers who refused vaccination were subject to court-martials—a military legal principle originating in World War I and continuing to this day. Nothing new and necessary for fit combat units.

“ham-handed and illogical withdrawal imaginable.” Really?, SE Asia ring any bells??
Went there with no plan, no exit plan (supposed lesson from previous military boondoggle)
and under forced and based on bad policy. When do we learn these colonial adventures end bad?
Respectfully Morris, and best wishes to you.
Yours, Mike_C
mikecmaps
vpatrick
MA MA USA
10/9/2022 9:11:43 PM
Mike,

good post.. but disagree
vpatrick
nuts
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/10/2022 6:04:30 AM
Facts are facts.

Who wants to die to make some CEO rich?

Milley was prepared to save our Democracy against a would be tyrant.
morris crumley
Dunwoody GA USA
10/10/2022 9:12:53 AM
Hello Mike. Good, and sound post.

Some push-back as response: First "SE Asia ring any bells??"

Anyone my age who witnessed the painful withdrawal from South Vietnam...the helos from the embassy roof, the thousands of desperate people trying to get out....we remember? Why didn`t it ring any bells with our military command, the Pentagon, and all the way up to the top...Chance the gardener? We repeated that debacle, except it came at the end of a twenty year war, not nearly a decade......and we couldn`t see that coming?

I`m not picking on ADD. However, beginning in the mid-eighties, damn near every child of most people in my circle were telling me their kids were put on drugs because the teachers said they were too difficult to handle, or teach......if that many are suffering from something...then I question if it is an illness that requires drugging....not in that many.

The vaccines are, and continue to be "emergency use, experimental vaccines." I chose to take them because I provide care to a 96 year-old mom, we both got the jabs and two boosters...but there are concerns about problems related to taking these things in some people. It can be dangerous to their health. The Commander and Chief just thanked, profusely so, a Coast Guard diver for the job he did in saving lives during storm surge flooding.....yet he is firing that man in a few days. And any critical studies that point to the concerns about the health of many who opt to take the vaccines is censored from social media and not reported in legacy media. Why is it wrong to question something that is not proven science( if it was the FDA would have given full approval. There was a time when sound questioning was the cornerstone of a free society...without it, there is no learning or progress.

" when do we learn these colonial adventures end bad?" I agree. Post 9/11, I had hoped that our response would be more in keeping with Israel`s post Munich search and kill operations. I was encouraged when we saw CIA and US personnel mounted on horseback and working clandestine.....but full scale military invasion and occupation is all our Pentagon does. 20 years wars that end badly, and no desire to forewarn the disaster that this withdrawal was destined to be the way it was handled. The cost in treasure, and the human toll the trillions of debt to wind up handing everything back...unconscionable.

Respects, Morris
"You are a $70, red-wool, pure quill military genius, or the biggest damn fool in northern Mexico."
DT509er
Santa Rosa CA USA
10/10/2022 11:07:33 PM
Quote:
Facts are facts.

Who wants to die to make some CEO rich?

Milley was prepared to save our Democracy against a would be tyrant.

Well you had me at "facts are facts", then you went all Milley like. The same Milley whose Army Combat Fitness test bordered on Crossfit training was an absolute failure that edged the readiness of Army troops across the board to mere REMF's! (I'll let you look that phrase up is if so please). Milley held up a report regarding the Army's performance to keep the details from being aired and while he is not the first General to hide information, we are talking about in the era where one text message can and has sent ripples across the political spectrum the world over. He knew better than to do that, yet he did, why.., pure hubris on his behalf.

While many may not see Army recreating numbers as important, he has presided over a plunge in recruitment and, let us not forget, he was in charge of the Afghan0military-weapon-giveaway to the Taliban.

And January 6th; the wormhole that it is, Milley who was slow to react to the so called revolution (riot) and directed others in the chain-of-command to disobey orders from the President of the USA. Well dang General, what do you want, to let D.C burn to prove a point-misguided as it was or just everyone make their own decisions? Geez, Milley, a woke-political swamp-rat who poses a greater danger to the troops similar to what Putin is to his soldiers.

Now, I will agree regarding the CEO comment, war generates profit and power for those "CEO's" in the proper spot.., right Milley!?

"American parachutists-devils in baggy pants..." German officer, Italy 1944. “If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.” Lord Ernest Rutherford
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/11/2022 6:58:46 AM
Milley realized that our Democracy was at risk, because of the machinations of a tyrant who wanted to remain in office, though soundly and decisively defeated and rejected by the American people. We learned from beating Germany in WW 2 that one can't obey an illegal order.

Also recall that Milley took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. He did not take an oath to defend a tyrant.

morris crumley
Dunwoody GA USA
10/11/2022 10:22:58 AM
I recall reading that the marine Corps OCS training standards were being lowered. Not only was one of the forced marches under load being done away with, but failure to finish the other two were no longer a problem. You could now physically assist a candidate to navigate the obstacle course. This was done to make it easier for females and short trainees to be able to climb the obstacle. So, now the military believes that training designed to show a OC that climbing up and over an obstacle under fire in a combat situation is a critical aspect of preparation......just isn`t that big a deal!

How does a soldier prove to themselves that they can be "all that I can be" if the standards are being reduced.

I also posted about several West Point professors who were resigning because there was an increasing culture not to enforce the Honor Code against some cadets...and the encroaching prominence of "equity" ( not equality)...this was back about the time frame that one graduating cadet showed on his facebook a photo at graduation of him holding his hat where it revealed him to be a communist. And his other social media posts before that graduation had revealed the fact....yet nothing was done....until that photo went public.

The same forces that have all but destroyed education in this country are now inside our military institutions. It should be of concern to everyone. And the Army is now down a division in it`s recruitment... and about the same for every branch......

Respects, Morris
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/11/2022 11:29:58 AM
IIRC, the US Navy SEALs are under investigation after a sailor's death, in addition to drug use and physical abuse. And 3 other sailors had to be hospitalized from that group of candidates.

There is nothing wrong with the education system in the United States.

The Navy has fewer ships too, because we have a different world that we did in 1940.
jahenders
Colorado Springs CO USA
10/11/2022 2:50:12 PM
Morris, I see the general theme about standards and tend to agree, but not all standards are created equal.

So, in general, if there are solid, reasonable standards for someone to be an infantryman, tanker, or parachutist, then those should not be changed.

However, the MAJORITY of people in the military are none of those things. They're logistics, communications, admin, acquisition, etc.

For those people, some of the military entrance standards simply aren't key.
The military always sites the number of young Americans who are obese when they have trouble meeting their standards, but how much of a problem would it REALLY be if the weight and fat standards were changed for many (non-front-line) troops?
- Of course, training would have to be adjusted commensurate to this, but that's not necessary a big problem either (for those guys that are going to be 'riding a desk' anyway

Even if those guys are ultimately given rifles and 'thrown in the line,' it may ultimately come down to a decision of "do you want this slightly heavy guy who can't run a few miles very fast, or do you want no one?"

In addition to possibly changing weight standards, I think they should consider allowing beards for most career fields. Beards are possible in society today so they should be considered to make enlistment more attractive (as they've done with other things). It IS possible to get a good gas mask seal with a short beard and gas masks are mostly an anachronism anyway.
- I deployed to Saudi in 2002 and had to take chem gear. This caused me to lug about 40 pounds of crap, which was then promptly stored under my bed and never touched again until I left. Not only was it an annoyance to me, but shipping 40+ pounds of crap for each and every person cost DoD hundreds of millions of dollars
- I then deployed to AFG in 2010. This time, we didn't get our chem gear until we got to Manas, kyrgyzstan (so at least DoD saved the cost of sending it back and forth to the front lines), but we still had to haul some, which then just sat there

Jim

jahenders
Colorado Springs CO USA
10/11/2022 2:54:31 PM
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with the education system in the United States.

That strikes me as a bizarre statement.

The US education spends more per pupil than almost any other system in the world and consistently gets terrible results (relative to most of the developed world).

Jim
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/11/2022 4:09:47 PM
The education system in US is considered the superior system in the world. This is because they offer a rich and wide range of choices for international students. The most enticing attribute of the US education system is its versatility.

IF, IF there is a problem with the US education system, it starts in the home. Whether it's a single parent or homes with 2 parents, its them who don't get involved and making sure their children apply themselves and do homework. The parents are a poor role model.

George
Centre Hastings ON Canada
10/11/2022 4:56:54 PM
Quote:
The education system in US is considered the superior system in the world.

By whom NYGiant? You seem to apply this mantra to anything that the US has ever been involved in. But really, with respect to education, blanket statements like that are nothing more than hubris.

There is no doubt that the US has some of the finest universities in the world but that cannot be said for the elementary and secondary school programmes.

The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), of which the US is a member, and as a member provides data to the OECD on any number of topics including education. Countries use this information to change their methodology and to improve the delivery of education. They try to identify the knowledge and skills that will improve the lives of their citizens.

So when we check the OECD results we see that the US system, or rather multiple systems as education is the responsibility of the states, does not rank as highly as it would prefer. There are problems with equity in delivery.

PISA is the test given to 15 year old students across the world by OECD.

Scroll down to look at the 2018 rating chart. Even OECD is sceptical of the data provided by China because it seems to provide data from only specific parts of the country but their students have done well.

However, I have been looking at the PISA rankings for years and countries like Singapore are consistently in the top 10. Of the western countries, Finland has only recently dropped out its top spot among western countries.

What I learned years ago is that Finland does not rely on standardized tests at all in their system. Their teachers all have Masters degrees in education and they are expected to work without parental interference. The contrast with the US system and the Canadian system is stark.

Check the criteria to see exactly what they are measuring. This is not a pissing contest. The idea is to improve education around the world.

[Read More]
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/11/2022 5:32:26 PM
The United States does not teach towards an exam. Plus as you are aware, there is no universal syllabus for the worlds' grades and school systems.

Years ago, Americans were told the Russians had 4 times the number of engineers than the US had. In actuality, they were machinists, rather than educated engineers.
George
10/11/2022 8:13:27 PM
Quote:
The United States does not teach towards an exam. Plus as you are aware, there is no universal syllabus for the worlds' grades and school systems.

Years ago, Americans were told the Russians had 4 times the number of engineers than the US had. In actuality, they were machinists, rather than educated engineers.

Actually, many of the US state education systems rely heavily on standardized testing to determine the quality of education in individual schools. Most teachers despise standardized tests for precisely the reason that you have suggested. They are forced to teach toward the standardized diagnostic tests. There is a lot of information out there on standardized testing. Look it up if interested.

I suggest that you do not even understand what the PISA test is about or the criteria that it uses. That is why you dismissed the PISA testing as some sort of scam by foreigners. Just go to the OECD site or the PISA site. Both have been around a long time and have been responsible for some enlightening research and not just in education.

It is very possible that US state teaching systems could benefit from learning best practices in other school systems. And they do.

Remember that the US provides data to the OECD willingly. Again, check the assessment criteria to see just what the PISA test is all about.

But if you are going to claim that the US has the best education system in the world, then be prepared to back it up and not by stating the same sentence. It's not all that bad but not ranked with the top systems across the globe.
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
10/11/2022 9:11:09 PM
If the US has the best education system in the world, can anyone explain to me how the many US students turning up here in Berlin are STUNNINGLY ignorant ? Especially in history, geography and language skills.

Trevor
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/11/2022 9:23:43 PM
The teachers don't teach towards the PISA exam. We have our own test that we use to evaluate our student.

As far as the best education system in the world....yes. Why do students around the world want to come to Havhavd, Yale MIT, Cal Tech, Princeton? They are admitted after...only after Americans have beed accepted.

And as you said , it's not that bad!
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/11/2022 9:27:55 PM
That's your opinion the they are ignorant. Think about it. They travel by themselves to a foreign country and arrive with no problems. That in itself take s quite a bit of smarts.

The price for those Americans you meet to go to Europe and Berlin, has already been paid for.

George
10/11/2022 9:55:01 PM
Quote:
The teachers don't teach towards the PISA exam. We have our own test that we use to evaluate our student.

As far as the best education system in the world....yes. Why do students around the world want to come to Havhavd, Yale MIT, Cal Tech, Princeton? They are admitted after...only after Americans have beed accepted.

And as you said , it's not that bad!

For God sake, nobody in the world teaches to the PISA tests. Around the world, everyone has a curriculum, an educational philosophy and different means of assessment and evaluation.

Read about the PISA tests before you comment.

I am specifically addressing the US secondary school systems, not universities and whether those schools are meeting the objectives set down by each system.

Having a list of top rated private universities does not mean that the secondary school system is operating as effectively as it should.

The PISA tests are indicative of performance by students in a number of areas like math, science and language skills. They tests are based primarily on problem solving skills. Look it up.

The US secondary school system is not performing as well as educators would like and they work hard to make every student successful.

Wazza
Sydney  Australia
10/12/2022 3:00:35 AM
Current world rankings for education in 2022 has China as number one then:
Korea, Finland, Hong Kong, Singapore Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Australia and the Netherlands.
Data from World Population Review.

Shots fired, ducking behind cover!
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 6:51:55 AM
Nobody teaches to the PISA?? I doubt that very much.

The curriculums of the countries are different, to make the test applicable to the world.
George
10/12/2022 7:28:08 AM
Quote:
Nobody teaches to the PISA?? I doubt that very much.

The curriculums of the countries are different, to make the test applicable to the world.

Research before you comment, NYGiant. You had never heard of PISA until yesterday.
George
10/12/2022 7:31:37 AM
Quote:
Current world rankings for education in 2022 has China as number one then:
Korea, Finland, Hong Kong, Singapore Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Australia and the Netherlands.
Data from World Population Review.

Shots fired, ducking behind cover!

The odd thing is that for most educators these rankings usually promote interest in those countries to determine their best practices. It can be as simple as asking how the South Koreans teach mathematics. What is their methodology?

It can be more complex and involve different issues like teacher qualifications, salaries or teacher autonomy in the classroom.

A chance to learn then.
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
10/12/2022 9:02:00 AM
Quote:

The price for those Americans you meet to go to Europe and Berlin, has already been paid for.

True. They all seem to have very rich parents.

Quote:
They travel by themselves to a foreign country and arrive with no problems. That in itself take s quite a bit of smarts.

Compared to the students from the rest of the world, they have quite a few problems.

Yes, it is my opinion that they are STUNNINGLY ignorant compared to students from the rest of the world. This is generally, in my opinion, both cultural and a failing in the american education system. My opinion is based on "participant observation" . Your opinions seem, and I say seem because I may be wrong, to be based on an irrational, emotional belief that your perspective, or "Take" is the only one. You do not seem to want to "discuss", which is a sharing of perspectives and knowledge, to the benefit of all participants. That is a shame because you seem to be very knowledgeable. Instead you seem to want to turn every discussion into a dubious debate (dubious because you use debating "overhand" techniques ) with the aim of "winning". What a waste. King of the castle willy-waving is so tiresome. Benefits no-one.

And this is one of the problems US students have here. Very big but fragile egos.

Trevor

`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.
Steve Clements
Toronto ON Canada
10/12/2022 10:05:30 AM
Quote:
They travel by themselves to a foreign country and arrive with no problems.

Could you possibly place the "bar" any lower than the ability to negotiate getting on a friggin' airplane-:)

s.c.
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 10:15:53 AM
I had heard of the PISA. Just don't think it applies to education in the US.
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 10:20:00 AM
No, that's not correct.

The price has been paid by those Americans who had to go to Europe to win World War I, and then had to return to save Democratic Europe and GB from Germany.
Just visit any American cemetery where they lie to see their sacrifice.

Those Americans were certainly smart enough to fight and defeat Germany.
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 10:20:44 AM
logistics...logistics is much more than getting on an airplane.
morris crumley
Dunwoody GA USA
10/12/2022 10:23:39 AM
Quote:
If the US has the best education system in the world, can anyone explain to me how the many US students turning up here in Berlin are STUNNINGLY ignorant ? Especially in history, geography and language skills.

Trevor

Simple...because history, geography and language skills, as well as actual mathematics and physical education are no longer the teaching priorities in US education mills. Haven`t you heard? Math is "racist." You don`t really need to be able to use math to get to a correct problem solution. No, no, it` just the effort. "Healthy body means healthy mind." no, no, lets cut back on PE.....and lets just give everyone a participation award....so they can learn that if you are not great at a sport.....you don`t need to work at it to get better...or even care to try.

American kids today ARE stunningly ignorant! They have been taught that water does not wet you...that fire does not burn you, and gender studies and proper pronoun demands are more important than foolish things like math and science. The US spends about 30% more money to educate each child than the developed country`s of the world...and rank way back in the pack in results,.....and that is why the US military has to further reduce the academic requirements for those who volunteer for service.

Again, these are things that should concern everyone. And by the way, blaming the parents is , well, I won`t say.....most parents when I was in school was one parent worked and mom stayed with the kids, made sure the homework was done, volunteered at the library at school, and had time and energy to attend school board meetings. Most parents today have both got to work just to make ends meet(or because neither wants or values staying at home with the kids....but mostly the former) to blame them because they don`t have the time to devote to schooling....well, they trusted the educators and the system to do that honestly and properly.

When Covid-19 caused many to work at home, or stay at home because their job was one that was shutdown....they started paying attention to what their kids were being taught...and it angered and upset them. They had no real idea.

Respects, Morris
morris crumley
Dunwoody GA USA
10/12/2022 10:36:36 AM
Jim, sorry it took so long, what you said about the differing jobs and the lack of need for the same standards of fitness is true.....but it has always been the case in the military. There has always been logistics, communications, etc. It`s not new, and I don`t see why fitness requirements suddenly need to be lowered for anyone.

I wouldn`t care if the guy next to me in the field was fat....all I care about is if that guy is capable of carrying my shot up butt for some considerable distance, out of harm, without collapsing from a coronary!

Respects always, Morris
George
10/12/2022 10:52:03 AM
Quote:
No, that's not correct.

The price has been paid by those Americans who had to go to Europe to win World War I, and then had to return to save Democratic Europe and GB from Germany.
Just visit any American cemetery where they lie to see their sacrifice.

Those Americans were certainly smart enough to fight and defeat Germany.

Let me get this straight. Someone suggests that the education system in the US is flawed and that young American travellers may be perceived as rather ignorant and you raise that tired trope that US military sacrifices somehow justify the visits of these people to Europe? Is that what I am reading? Perhaps you will explain what your comment has to do with a discussion of the US education system.

The claim that the US won WW1 is most offensive and false and an insult to those nations whose soldiers had been fighting since 1914 long before the US decided to become involved. I am happy to discuss the US contribution but with objectivity.

NY I am getting the impression that you believe too many of the narratives spun in the US about WW1 and WW2 or in other conflicts.

You have no reason to believe that you have enemies here. Why choose to make them so?

George
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
10/12/2022 12:01:09 PM
I am not talking about American tourists, although some of them can be embarrassing, I am talking about the increasing number of US students registering at Berlin Universities (we have 4) to study whose general level of education compared to other foreign students is making them considerable problems.

What that has got to do with American sacrifices over 70 years ago, I don´t know. I´ve visited military cemeteries all over Europe - American, French, British, Polish, Canadian, Australian, Indian, Russian who all paid the ultimate price to destroy Nazi Germany.

Trevor
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 1:40:36 PM
The countries that the US liberated, don't think its a trope.

1. it's a fact that the US won WW I. Recall that after 4 years of war, both the central Powers and the Allies were running out of men, and were actively looking for allies. Once the US declared war on Germany in 1917, Germany realized that there would be a small window of opportunity to end the war on their terms before the weight of the US entered the battlefield. Recall that Lenin was released from exile in Switzerland. "Lenin's entry into Russia was a success. He is working according to your wishes," was the message Germany's top army command sent to its Foreign Office. Berlin's strategy was clear: Lenin and his Bolsheviks were meant to destabilize Russia thereby — in the middle of the First World War — easing the burden of fighting on the Eastern Front. Once the Peace with Russia was signed and Russia abandoned its allies, the German began transporting troops to the Western front, in hopes of ending the war before the Americans arrived.

NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 1:45:39 PM
Different education systems that can't be compared in the short run.

Remember, these are the grandchildren of the Greatest American Generation that defeated HItler.

George
10/12/2022 1:46:24 PM
Quote:
it's a fact that the US won WW I.

Since your arrival you have stated a lot of things purported to be facts by you. Despite being disabused of your notions, you will continue to restate, without evidence to substantiate, the most foolish of claims.

So there is little point in trying to explain why this statement that you have made is so ill informed. You have not proven to be the best listener.
George
10/12/2022 2:05:43 PM
Quote:
Different education systems that can't be compared in the short run.

Remember, these are the grandchildren of the Greatest American Generation that defeated HItler.

Yes they can be compared. And have been for a long time. We know that some countries have superior outcomes and that makes them worthy of study. It helps us to look at their best practices and to see how they may benefit our students if put into practice here.

A system to compare educational programmes around the world was developed by UNESCO. It is called the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED). Developed in the '70's ISCED was adopted by other organizations that wish to analyze education. One of those organizations is OECD. ISCED is reviewed and modified as needed with limitations noted.

So in fact NYGiant, it is possible to compare systems and it has been so for a long, long time.

[Read More]

Quote:

Now you're baiting and trolling once again. And looking rather foolish at the same time.
NYGiant
Polo Grounds NY USA
10/12/2022 2:50:32 PM
Even your article admits it is difficult to compare.
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
10/12/2022 3:04:29 PM
Quote:
Even your article admits it is difficult to compare.

Can someone ring the bell. He still thinks he´s in the ring.

Trevor
Page 1 of 3 (Page:   1    2   3 )

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC