Happy Thanksgiving!  

MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:    Password:

Author

SC USA
Memoir '44 anyone?
Posted on: 8/28/2019 1:41:27 PM

My family and I are pretty big board game geeks. Well.. we try to be, but it's getting more and more difficult as my two sons are in the throes of their teenage years, and Mom & Dad time has become "un-cool." However, they are both war/history nuts just like their father, so I picked up this WWII game. Anyone here ever played it? The rules look pretty simple. Gotta love the miniature soldiers and tanks.
----------------------------------
http://www.scourgeofwar.com/ - Historical tactical combat games for PC.
Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan
MI USA
Memoir '44 anyone?
Posted on: 8/28/2019 7:18:04 PM

lp,

Sounds like a cool game, I always liked the game, RISK!?

[Read More]

Conquer the World!
MD
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."
Brian W
Atlanta
GA USA
Memoir '44 anyone?
Posted on: 8/28/2019 9:03:42 PM

I own it and it's got a huge following. The Dice Tower and SU&SD give it an 11 out 10. Yep, I'm a big board gamer / wargamer myself.

littlepowell

SC USA
Memoir '44 anyone?
Posted on: 8/29/2019 8:39:30 AM

Quote:
I own it and it's got a huge following. The Dice Tower and SU&SD give it an 11 out 10. Yep, I'm a big board gamer / wargamer myself.

Great! We're going to give it a try this weekend. Hopefully I can keep the boys focused and away from their phones long enough to play.. lol. But like I said, they're war/history nuts just like me so I'm thinking they'll love this.
kaii
Oslo
 Norway
Memoir '44 anyone?
Posted on: 8/29/2019 4:40:22 PM

Haven't tried this one, is it anything like Axis & Allies?

Big wargamermyself with some 50+ titles in my bookshelf (of which I play about 5 or 6 with any regularity). Still by new ones though, some of which will sit unpunched on my shelf for years...

K
I’m not worried about the Third World War. That’s the Third World’s problem.
littlepowell

SC USA
Memoir '44 anyone?
Posted on: 8/30/2019 10:16:20 AM

Quote:
Haven't tried this one, is it anything like Axis & Allies?

Big wargamermyself with some 50+ titles in my bookshelf (of which I play about 5 or 6 with any regularity). Still by new ones thouh, some of which will sit unpunched on my shelf for years...

K

Memoir is a tactical game that simulates the D-day battles. I've actually never played Axis & Allies but as I understand it, it's more operational/grand strategy.

That sounds like quite a collection! Any Gettysburg games? See my other thread here:

[Read More]

© 2020 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC