User:    Password:

(1914-1918) WWI
Page 2 of 2 (Page:  1    2  )
Author
Ossining
NY USA
Battle of the Aisne 1914
Posted on: 2/23/2020 9:10:03 PM

Doughboy memorials do exist. I came across a very realistic one in Cooperstown, NY (home of the baseball hall of fame) this past summer.
----------------------------------
Jim Cameron Every time I go to Gettysburg, I learn two things. Something new, and, how much I still don't know.
john hayward
Allenstown
NH USA
Battle of the Aisne 1914
Posted on: 2/23/2020 9:50:11 PM

Jim

Yes they do. In my hometown Morristown NJ there is a very good one. A bas relief of the doughboys marching under the arms of Victory. Underneath the names of all the boys who served. Still not like CW memorials
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
Phil Andrade
London
 UK
Battle of the Aisne 1914
Posted on: 2/24/2020 8:14:51 AM

Jim and John,

Not confident in my ability to post a link, I will suggest that you might Google John Bourne, YouTube, Gallipoli : The Faded Vision, and also his The BEF; The “ Final Verdict”.

This speaker holds attention and delivers in a persuasive manner.

There will be several other offers from YouTube paraded in the sidebars, and they look enticing.

If you feel so inclined, please lend your eyes and ears to these, and make your verdict.

I would love to see what you have to say.

Regards, Phil
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes
Page 2 of 2 (Page:  1    2  )

© 2020 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC