AuthorMessage
Larry Purtell
USA
top 15
E-8 Master Sergeant

July 9,1863
Posted on: 7/9/2018 6:07:32 AM

---------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Re: July 9,1863
Posted on: 7/9/2018 8:37:14 AM
Hi Larry,

Again your articles reflect the life & times around July 1863, around Gettysburg, PA. This main article relays some of the massive casualties! BTW have you ever come across an article that lists the names of the respective fatalities? Like in Gone with the Wind, where citizens read from the news the locals & loved ones who perished?? If so that would be intriguing to see!?

Also noted the execution of a spy, not a fun position to be in? I see that again we read of Vallandigham, defender of the South, what does it say for Ohio, that he became an elected official there??

Enjoying your articles,
MD
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Larry Purtell
USA
top 15
E-8 Master Sergeant

Posted on: 7/9/2018 9:23:53 AM

Quote:
Hi Larry,

Again your articles reflect the life & times around July 1863, around Gettysburg, PA. This main article relays some of the massive casualties! BTW have you ever come across an article that lists the names of the respective fatalities? Like in Gone with the Wind, where citizens read from the news the locals & loved ones who perished?? If so that would be intriguing to see!?

Also noted the execution of a spy, not a fun position to be in? I see that again we read of Vallandigham, defender of the South, what does it say for Ohio, that he became an elected official there??

Enjoying your articles,
MD
--Michigan Dave

M.D. ,in a day or so the papers,North and South will start publishing rather accurate lists by state and regiment of named casualties. I will post some.

Larry
---------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.

Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
top 5
E-9 Cmd Sgt Major

Posted on: 7/9/2018 4:03:27 PM
Thanks Larr,

Looking forward to it; Also these witness trees that were there during all of this carnage!?

[Read More]
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Forum Ads from Google