AuthorMessage
BMarch
Harrison, NJ, USA
New User
E-2 Private

Looking for detailed Maps of Gettysburg
Posted on: 1/22/2018 2:17:33 PM
Hi All,

This is my first post on here, if I missed a previous post I apologize. I am trying to locate a detailed overhead map of 1863 Gettysburg. My hope is that it will have road names, names of all the farms in and around Gettysburg, as well as the major roads in the area. If anyone knows where I can find something like this or close, please let me know. Thank you so much for the help.

Brian

OpanaPointer
St. Louis, MO, USA
top 10
E-9 Sergeant Major

Re: Looking for detailed Maps of Gettysburg
Posted on: 1/22/2018 3:16:45 PM

Quote:
Hi All,

This is my first post on here, if I missed a previous post I apologize. I am trying to locate a detailed overhead map of 1863 Gettysburg. My hope is that it will have road names, names of all the farms in and around Gettysburg, as well as the major roads in the area. If anyone knows where I can find something like this or close, please let me know. Thank you so much for the help.

Brian

--BMarch

Have you looked at the Perry-Castaneda Map Collection at UTexas?

BMarch
Harrison, NJ, USA
New User
E-2 Private

Posted on: 1/24/2018 5:27:17 PM
I have not. Thank you so much! I will go take a look at that.

Rick Schaus
Capon Springs, WV, USA
top 20
E-7 Sgt First Class

Posted on: 1/24/2018 7:46:31 PM
The following is a link to a site which includes a number of Gettysburg maps and allows magnification with good resolution.

[Read More]

---------------
VR, Rick Schaus

"When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly large circles around your own desk."
-- Gen. Bruce Clarke

mountaintab
Topeka, KS, USA
New User
E-2 Private

Posted on: 2/5/2018 1:11:52 AM
I've been enjoying the maps on the link and the UT website. I've been looking for but cannot find a map of the borough of Gettysburg it's self in 1863, buildings and all. I'd like to see just how small the town was and actually point out the saddlery where Culp worked before he moved to TX and John Burns house. I know I've seen something but it was years ago and I cannot find anything not focusing on the battlefield.

Forum Ads from Google