MHO Home   Forum Home   Help   Register   Login

Welcome to MilitaryHistoryOnline.com.
You are not signed in.
The current time is: 9/19/2018 9:26:22 AM
 (1939-1945) WWII Battles
AuthorMessage
Michigan Dave
Muskegon, Michigan, MI, USA
With Lexington finally found, What of the Lady Lex, & other Carriers?
Posted on: 3/6/2018 8:21:41 AM
The in 1942 the USS Aircraft Carrier Lexington faced the IJN back in the beginning of the war in the Pacific! Back when the Japanese were pretty much having their way in the Pacific! She engaged the IJN in the Battle of the Coral Sea, where she was sunk by planes from the IJN during a battle considered by most be a draw! Microsoft billionaire Co-founder Paul Allen's team just found the sub, 500 miles east of Australia! Lets discuss WWII Carrier Warfare, the deciding factor in the Battle of the Pacific!?

[Read More]

Actual footage of the Lexington, included!?

[Read More]

What say you about the Lady Lex, & other great WWII Carriers!?

Regards,
Dave

BTW Isn't it great how modern technology is bringing important history back to life !?

Opps., didn't realize someone else posted a similar thread? Well we still can pay homage to the 500 US sailors who lost their lives defending our freedom!?
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Michigan Dave
Re: With Lexington finally found, What of the Lady Lex, & other Carriers?
Posted on: 3/6/2018 8:42:22 AM
Again sorry Emanon, didn't mean to have a similar thread, When I first got up & saw news of the discovery, I was so excited I posted without checking!? So I'll use this thread to discuss the importance of Air Craft Carriers in the Pacific War!? Like in, these naval battles amongst others, Coral Sea, Midway, Philippines Sea, ect..

BTW Lady Lex, RIP,
MD
---------------
"The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Michigan Dave
Posted on: 3/6/2018 9:43:54 AM
Also as you know, to honor the Lexington, the USN produced another Carrier to bear her namesake! This Lady fought in the end of WWII, and served the USN for over 46 years!

Currently based in Corpus Christi, Texas.

[Read More]

Respectfully,
MD
---------------

Michigan Dave
Posted on: 3/13/2018 9:16:48 AM
Although crippled by IJN air attacks, the Lady Lex was in reality sank by her own over site of explosives

stored carelessly, & then actually mercifully sank by a US Submarine!?

What say you?
The Lexington didn't have to die!

Regards,
Dave
---------------